"Superb care and treatment"

About: Hull Royal Infirmary

Having submitted 5 stars for cataract surgery last year, once again I cannot fault this wonderful eye hospital.I was referred by my optician and seen by three consultants on 4th March for a retinal tear.That same afternoon I received laser treatment which I was told may not have completely sealed the tear and which could require further treatment.I was seen again on the following Monday and told that I would require a freezing procedure in theatre.This was completed yesterday and every single member of staff involved in my care and treatment was courteous,helpful, informative and truly professional.In fact fantastic! Once again thankyou very much for looking after me.We are so fortunate to have this brilliant eye hospital and to experience the NHS at its very best.

Response from Hull Royal Infirmary

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the the staff in the Eye Hospital. I'm sure they will be delighted to read them.

If you would like to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on (01482) 623065 or email pals@hey.nhs.uk.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Kind regards,

Patient Experience Department

Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.