"Feed me!"

About: East Surrey Hospital

Was in the hospital all day visiting a sick relative and wanted to eat. I am vegan and I had zero... that's right zero options anywhere. Thoroughly upset that a health body should ignore the obvious health option of vegan food. Had I expected such a disappointing menu I'd have been better prepared. Come on guys, it's not difficult!

PS - not all depts are listed in your options after this section, so I had to select 'don't know' as a department! And when you click back here everything disappears..tedious!

Response from Ian Mackenzie, Director of Information and Facilities, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Andy Stander

I'm sorry to read that you were unable to find any Vegan food in the hospital. The hospital restaurant, WH Smiths and Boots should all have been able to serve you a variety of vegan options.

It would be really helpful if you could let me know what you were unable to find that you wanted as that way we can help to ensure that we provide a range of food that suits all requirements.

Please could you e-mail me at ian.mackenzie@sash.nhs.uk and I will get back to you.