About: Peterborough City Hospital

After horrific experiences in a hospital 25 miles away my breast cancer care got transferred to Peterborough.

It has been a tough journey with care for me. Peterborough have had to pick up the pieces from two other hospitals.....

Today after seeing a wonderful breast consultant my fairh in NHS is gradually, slowly being restored. This Consultant was superb, and as always the Nurses were and the Persons doing the scans. It is lovely that a Consultant and look you in the eye directly, the consultant really listened and really showed so much care.

This Consultant was superb. The best I have seen and boy, I have seen a few....

This Consultant was warm, they had empathy but was so professional but could smile too. A very warm, engaging and informative Consultant, and as said the Nurses and Reception and Staff have been wonderful anyway.

Just a shame that Peterborough has had to pick up the pieces from 2 poor NHS hospitals in Northampton and Kettering...

I would like to thank this Consultant for helping to restore my faith in the NHS. Thank you so much.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your lovely comments and I will ensure they are passed onto the relevant staff. I am pleased that your faith in the NHS has been restored given the importance of your care at this time