"I felt safe in your hands"

About: Aberdeen Royal Infirmary / Emergency Medicine Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

I was very close to burnout and my husband called an ambulance, as I suffered a panic attack with a very high blood pressure and inconsolable anxiety. The guys that came home to help me take down the high blood pressure were amazing, they helped me learn to breathe properly and eventually took me to the Emergency treatment room.

There I was amazed by the friendly, yet first class customer service, I was a bit spaced out but will remember for a life time how lovely the nurses and Dr Harry were. Literally- amazing people, all of you on shift did an amazing job. I felt safe in your hands and will remember you for a lifetime.

You all do an amazing job, going out of your way. Simply bow down and a massive Thank you, All!

Response from Sharon Hammell, Head of Corporate Affairs and Engagement, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear AnaD

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. By sharing your experience, you will no doubt have helped friends and families of people experiencing distress in a similar situation to you, by confirming that calling for help is definitely the right thing to do.

I will share your feedback with our staff, who will be delighted to know they played a part in making you feel safe and cared for.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear AnaD

Your story is inspiring. For people like yourself having similiar probelms, they will take courage from hearing how you were helped through your difficult situation. For people thinking about a career in health, it will help them to understand what a difference they can make to the lives of ordinary and extraordinary people.

We thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and hope that all who read this will feel as we do.

Best wishes,