"Very Pleasing Service"

About: Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust

I was admitted to St Helier hospital on Boxing Day 2015 with a severe infection, and was very impressed with the speed at which I was seen in A&E and subsequently admitted, despite obviously being a time of year where staffing levels were below normal. I was very impressed by the attentiveness of the staff and all my needs were dealt with. I was also accommodated in my own room for the whole time I was there, with very comfortable furniture and a TV, which was very nice! Most importantly however, the staff dealt with my condition quickly and effectively, and I was discharged as soon as possible. I would say the food could do with some serious improvement, yet it is a hospital not a hotel and I accept you're never going to get restaurant-quality food there! There was a Subway and cafeteria in which one could top themselves up if need be. I was followed up with an outpatients appointment a couple of weeks after being discharged, and overall I was very impressed with the service that St Helier provided. Many thanks!

Response from Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear you had such a positive experience while in our care. We always welcome feedback on our food, and will pass your comments on to our caterers. Thank you.