"Wigan breathlessness clinic"

About: Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

This team is a lifeline to me and my wellbeing over time I have developed a really good relationship with Sandra and Dr sundar. So much so they can almost read my mind as to how I am doing. Many a time my gp who has got it into his head that I have anxiety dismisses my symptoms when they flare up.

But the breathlessness people are just a phone call away at the most. I have access to empathy and clinical support which has prevented me from numerous unnecessary er visits.

While I understand that you are putting together a service with a oxygen firm I think that it will in no way be able to provide the support of the original team.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for letting us have your most positive comments about the Breathless Clinic that you attend. I will ensure that Sandra and Dr Sundar are personally signposted to your link, along with the Head of Nursing for the Division of Medicine.