"Treatment received in outpatience was delightful"

About: Royal Derby Hospital / General surgery

It was delightful. I was greeted in the car park at front of hospital by an attendant who asked politely if I had an outpatient appointment. He then directed me to a space with a smile - excellent idea. Was then directed by friendly helpers to the ENT dept where I was seen quickly and efficiently. I then went on to Clinical measurement where I was seen by a very pleasant doctor who explained things clearly and precisely. He was very polite, bright and cheerful. All in all once I had reached the hospital (traffic! ! ! ! ) it was a pleasant experience. Thank you. The car parking is normally a nightmare but having an attendant directing you and reassuring you that there is a space somewhere makes so much difference.

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to email your kind comments. I can inform you that we are currently piloting attendants based on car parks 1 & 8 to improve the experience for all of our visitors and patients. By doing this, it has showed us that the grid lock around our site in the morning has reduced and this has also left us with more spaces in these car parks for those visitors and patients who have early morning appointments.

• blin thinks this response is helpful