"Experience of princess royal maternity"

About: The Princess Royal Maternity Unit (Glasgow)

I could not fault a single person either within the labour suite or the ward afterwards. The midwifes that I had assigned to me in the labour suite were fantastic, they really helped me to cope with a pretty long labour. The were extremely encouraging and professional, I felt confident I was in safe hands at all times.

The student midwifes, Beth and Laura were excellent and will both make fantastic midwifes in the future.

Similarly, the staff on the ward 68 afterwards were fantastic, I had a bit of difficulty with breast feeding and every midwife on that ward spent time helping me and always made time no matter how many questions I asked. I can't thank them enough.

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear Suz333

Thank you for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion. I am pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience of care at The Princess Royal Maternity Unit. I will pass on your kind words to the staff you have mentioned and those on ward 68.

I wish you and your new baby well.

Best wishes