"Excellent, professional behaviour of all staff..."

About: Royal Bournemouth General Hospital

My experience of the eye unit ward at Bournemouth Hospital was exceptionally good.

From the consultant to the staff nurses, nurses generally and assistants and catering staff, the service, kindness and patience of all, not to mention the medically accurate and caring nature of the medical assessment and treatment were exemplary.

I was hugely impressed with the care to myself and other patients.

Well done to all at Royal Bournemouth hospital.

I was an inpatient for three days and I cannot fault the care and service in regard to the viral/bacterial conjunctivitis that I presented with.

Response from Sue Mellor, Patient Experience Lead, Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Hilary

Thank you for your kind comments about the recent treatment you received in the Eye Unit ward.

It is always uplifting for the staff to hear that patients have benefitted from the care and support they offer, sometimes under difficult or distressing circumstances.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team and thank you again for your feedback.

I am sure your comments will benefit future patients feeling anxious about this kind of treatment.

Regards Sue Mellor Head of Patient Engagement