"It's a not funny joke"

About: Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

A four and a quarter hour wait and still not seen by a doctor. I attended chorley with my wife who was in a great deal of pain from an illness as yet to be diagnosed after months of tests and tablets.

Explained the issue at check in and also informed receptionist that my wife had just started yet another course of antibiotics. Only to be informed by this person that it takes 48hrs for the tablets to work. 1- when did you qualify to give out medical advice? 2- this is not news to us as we've been on this treadmill for months.

When I said we were leaving they claimed my wife was next to be seen but could not tell us when that would be.

If we left then came back my wife would have to wait all over again for another God knows how many hours.

A little communication would go a long way. Tell us the situation and how long we are likely to be. Disgrace.

Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback - we would very much like the opportunity to try to get things back on track for your wife and would ask you to consider contacting our PALS department on 01772 522972 who will try and assist.

Response from Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about yours and your wife's experience at Chorley Hospital.

We would very much like the opportunity to try to get things back on track for you and would ask you to consider contacting our PALS department on 01772 522972 who will try and assist.