"Recent Endoscopy Examination"

About: Westmorland General Hospital

I recently had a sigmoidoscopy examination in the Endoscopy Department of the Westmorland General Hospital and cannot speak highly enough of my experience. I was treated with great kindness and consideration by all the staff, and the overall cleanliness of the hospital is far superior to many 5-star hotels!

Despite the many adverse and uncharitable comments about the NHS which one reads in the newspapers, I have never had a bad experience at the WGH nor heard of anybody complaining of their treatment there.

It is a shining example of what the NHS aspires to be and we are extremely fortunate to have such a fine institution on our doorstep here in South Lakeland. I only wish it were possible to re-open the Accident and Emergency Department.

Congratulations to all involved in maintaining such remarkably high standards when budgets are stretched to the limits---and beyond!

Response from Westmorland General Hospital

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at Westmorland General Hospital. We are pleased that our staff treated you with kindness and consideration, and that you found the cleanliness of the hospital to be of a high standard. We will pass on your kind words to the team involved. Thanks again.