"The staff need to listen to their patients more"

About: Forth Valley Royal Hospital / Adult mental health

My partner got admitted recently and I feel that some of the staff are not listening to her needs and I feel that has slowed her recovery a great deal. I feel that the staff need to listen to their patients more. I think that the student nurses and bank staff are listening to her wants more. I feel the majority of staff need to take a leaf out of their books.

Response from Wendy Sharp, Manager, Forth Valley Advocacy

Dear Unhappy Partner

We provide a free independent advocacy service to help people get their voices heard and their rights protected under the Mental Health (Care & Treatment) (Scotland) Act 2003. With your partners permission, please feel free to contact our service on 01324 557070 and make a referral. Our advocacy workers are regularly in wards 1-5 and will be able to see her within the week. If she is under a section we should be able to see her within 24 hours if it's a week day.

Response from Anne Cook, Clinical Nurse Manager, Mental Health, NHS Forth Valley

Hello Unhappy Partner

I`m really sorry that this was your experience at this difficult time. It would be good to speak to you in order that I get more information about the issues you faced. I can be contacted on 01324 566217 and look forward to speaking to you.

Many thanks