"Big thank you to maxillofacial inpatient crosshouse hospital"

About: Crosshouse Hospital

(as a parent/guardian),

I would like to express my gratitude to Dr Moodie and Specialist Nurse D Robertson who were outstanding in carrying out a invasive surgical procedure on my young daughter. They were so lovely that my daughter was at ease straight away, they explained each stage of the process in away she could relate to.

They were so patient, chatting away with her to reduce her anxities. ( Justin Beber, ice cream etc), As a parent I was so worried but meeting them both made me feel as ease straight away and they were so professional, I was very impressed. It was very encouraging to experience great care. Two genuine lovely people. Thank you

Response from Kate MacDonald, Business Coordinator & Office Manager (interim), Nurse Directorate, NHS Ayrshire and Arran, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear Exceptional Experience

Thank you for sharing your experience and that of your young daughter's on Patient Opinion. It was natural for your both to be apprehensive about the procedure, but I was delighted to hear that you recevied such lovely reassuring care from both Dr Moodie and Specialist Nurse D Robertson.

I hope you daughter is recovering well and I will ensure that your posting is shared with those you mentioned.