"A huge thank you to all concerned"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / Urology

I felt it only right to give every member of staff at this unit the praise they deserve. My father has been a patient for the past 11 years and over the past year has been going down hill. This evening, I was sat with my dad and encountered 6 nursing staff, each one of them knew my dad and had time to discuss everything with myself and my Dad's partner who also looks after him.

I just want it to be recorded that I feel my dad is in safe hands and a huge thank you to all concerned, too many to name.

Response from Nichola Summers, Service Manager for Medical Services, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Mrs T C

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your positive experience with the nursing staff at Monklands Hospital, which I know our team will be delighted to hear.

We try really hard to support both our patients and their families during their time in hospital, and it is encouraging to hear that you feel we achieved this for you and your dad. Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Warmest regards

• Mrs T C thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Mrs T C (a relative)

This was in ward 1 (renal unit).