"Poor communication"

About: Livewell South West

(as a carer),

Phoned 3 weeks ago re an appointment for my partner being in Derriford Hospital from mid-January 16 onwards. This was left at Mount Gould Local Care Centre by his partner. Having not responded until to-day, Mount Gould Podiatry Service have chastised me for not attending a February appointment. How could come you did not pick up the phone message e/o January to you saying that he could not attend owing to serious ill health warranting hospitalization. His feet were the essence of the call being made then - so why now a circular letter saying of non-attendance?  Get your act together please at Mount Gould !

Response from Claire Gatehouse, Patient Experience Manager, Livewell South West

Dear Joan C,

I do apologise that you have had a letter regarding non-attendance at a podiatry appointment. If you had let us know that your partner was in hospital then the appointment should not have been recorded as a non-attendance. I suspect human error for which I apologise.

If you contact us directly then we should be able to ensure that your partner's future appointments are not affected and will ensure that he is seen as soon as possible.

I will be available tomorrow on 01752 434736 and I can take your details and help sort this out.

• JoanC thinks this response is helpful