"Endless waiting"

About: Victoria Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

After dislocating my elbow I was put in a cubicle and it was a further two and a half hours before anyone came near me again.

I was then told they were "busy saving lives".

Now whilst I accept they were busy, no communication and being left in agony is unacceptable.

The doctor who did eventually treat me, was the same one who spent two and a half hours at the staff base on a computer, so perhaps not that busy?

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear Dislocater

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience in the Victoria Hospital. I was sorry to hear about your dislocation and sorry to hear about the pain you suffered whilst waiting to be seen. This is not the experience we want for people; normally patients are assessed quickly and given pain relief where required, so it is disappointing this did not happen for you. It would be helpful to get some more specific details from you so that we could look into this further. We welcome anonymous feedback; however it is good to make sure we target the feedback appropriately and consider what we can do to make the expeirence better for patients. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would be willing to share more details with me.

In the meantime, thank you once agian for taking the time to post and I do hope you are now recovering well.

Louise Ewing

• Dislocater thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Dislocater (the patient)

Thank you I will contact you direct.

I should also have said, once I was treated, my treatment was second to none and I'm more than happy with the medical treatment I received and the team who provided it.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Thanks for getting back to me. It would have been helpful if I had included my contact number! Here it is now - 01592 648069.

Thanks again