"No loop provision"

About: Stirling Community Hospital / Minor injuries unit

(as a parent/guardian),

I couldn't hear through the glass panel at the reception point. It was incredibly stressful because I was trying to liaise about my son's injury. The woman on the other side was struggling to hear too.

I use hearing aids and there was no loop provision - it was a dreadful experience. Very upsetting to me.

Response from Pauline Marland, Person Centred Patient Experience Coordinator, Department of Nursing, NHS Forth Valley We are preparing to make a change

Dear Upset Mum

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your recent experience at Minor Injuries, and bringing to our attention such an important issue, I am so sorry that it was such an upsetting experience for you.

I have passed on the details of the concerns that you raised with the Service Manager for this area and we are now looking at what we can do to improve the facilities at the reception desk area.

I will be back in touch soon to let you know what changes we have made to the reception area.

Again please accept my sincere apologies for your recent experience, I hope that your son is recovering well from his injury.

Kindest regards

Pauline Marland

Person Centred Patient Experience Coordinator

Response from Pauline Marland, Person Centred Patient Experience Coordinator, Department of Nursing, NHS Forth Valley We have made a change

Hello Upset Mum

I thought I would give you a little update. Since your posting staff have visited the Minor Injuries Unit to look at the hearing loop and discovered that there was a fault with the system, there was a problem with one of the switches, it has now been fixed and the loop system is now working properly.

I really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about you experience.

Kindest regards

Pauline Marland

Person Centred Patient Experience Coordinator

• Upset Mum thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Upset Mum (a parent/guardian)

Thank you for listening to my concern and acting on it. It will save other hearing aid users a lot of unnecessary stress. I appreciate the update.