About: Derriford Hospital

Unfortunately I was admitted to Derriford hospital for four days over a weekend . I supplied a list of my meditation and the amount and times I have to have them . I was occasionally given a tablet but never the correct doses . Some tablets I wasn't given any at all . One of the one's I wasn't given have terrible withdrawal symptoms as I kept explaining to the nurses (Paroxetine) . One nurse just shrugged and walked away as I was explaining it to them. I had the withdrawal symptoms and was ignored and told the ward didn't have any of my tablets . It wasn't until the day of my discharge that I was told that I should have brought my own with me I explained that I didn't think that was allowed and was informed that was in the old days ! Also I was admitted from an outpatient appointment so I couldn't have known that I would need them .

On one occasion I had to clean a lavatory before I could use it.

On the Monday the regular staff were back and things were a lot better but the weekend treatment I received was awful.

Response from Derriford Hospital

I am sorry to see you have not had a very good experience whilst admitted to Derriford.

Please could you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service who can look into what happened while you were here.

They can be contacted via email on plh-tr.PALS@nhs.net or on 01752 439884.

Patient Experience Support Manager