"My hand v Mitre Saw !"

About: Salisbury District Hospital

I was taken to A and E after i had rather foolishly "modified" my left hand with a very big , sharp , spinning blade . I have to admit i was in a state of shock but right from the start all the staff were brilliant and really helped me to deal with the situation , as they were all so professional and calm , i do not think i can stress how important that was to me in the early stages of my treatment .

I was kept informed during the assessment period and it was not long before i was taken to have surgery .Once more all the team there were exceptionally kind and with gentle humour put me at ease before knocking me out ! The next stage was waking very groggily on Laverstock Ward in the early hours and finding i was being cared for by a nurse who i thought was very sweet . I was to find that Laverstock is blessed with some really great staff and i would like to thank them all here for their collective and individual kindness . After 5 days i was able to go home minus my index finger but thanks to the great skill of the Consultant and the surgical team , my middle finger was saved , thank you all from the bottom of my heart , for everything !

Response from Salisbury District Hospital

Thank you for your comments and we are glad that the skill and professionalism of our plastic surgery team and our staff on Laverstock Ward have shone through at what must have been a traumatic and anxious time for you. I know that our staff welcome the feedback we receive from patients and we will send your feedback on to the teams involved.

In the meantime, we would like to wish you well in your recovery and thank you again for your comment.