"MRI scan, outstanding care and service"

About: Furness General Hospital

On the 3rd February I attended Furness General for an MRI scan related to a possible Aortic Aneurism.

I arrived in good time and had no sooner finished filling in the questionnaire when I was called in.

Special mention must go to my primary point of contact who explained what I needed to do. They were superb - friendly, involved, interested and answered all questions without any sign that they had answered them before. The rest of the team were brilliant too.

It just so happens, the machine (scanner) was brand new that week, so it was comfortable, interesting and for me, stress free.

In summary, I cannot speak highly enough of the care and service I was given at Furness General.

PS, I wasn't sure of the department to put in as there isn't an MRI / Scanning on the list.

Response from Furness General Hospital

Hi Jarvishere. Thank you for letting us know about your experience using our new MRI scanner at Furness General Hospital. We are thrilled that you thought that using the new scanner was comfortable and stress free, and that our staff looked after you well. We will make sure that we pass on your kind comments to the teams involved. Thanks again.