"Positive experience"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

I gave birth to my baby on the 15th April 2015 on the birth centre. I had 3 midwives throughout my labour and all of them were fantastic! They picked up on the sort of birth I wanted without me even saying anything. I was allowed to stay in the birthing pool room for nearly 3 hours after I gave birth before I was taken to the ward so gave me time to have a shower and spend some time with my husband and daughter. My husband being able to stay was also a bonus especially as he had parked his car in the section that gets locked over night.

I had 4 scans throughout my pregnancy due to early pregnancy issues and suspected breech position and I was really impressed with the staff there too.

Overall a fantastic experience and I will definitely have any future children at stepping hill.

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Many thanks for posting your comments on the NHS Choices website and congratulations on the birth of your daughter.

I have forwarded your feedback to the midwifery team who are glad to hear that you are pleased with your experience.

Patient and Customer Services Manager