"The care provided to my 91 year old mum"

About: Charing Cross Hospital

I was deeply and profoundly impressed with the care provided to my mum on 9 South in Charing X Hospital. The staff were friendly, helpful and most importantly of all, treated her with the utmost dignity and respect. The care team were superior. The goals set for her were clear and were explained to both my mum and her family. The aides were all polite and made the family welcome. I run a similar service in New York, USA and I can only dream of providing this level of service. I witnessed a most remarkable turnaround in her condition - I attribute this to clear goals that were understood by the entire clinical team. Communication between members was superior. Each clinician had an expertise in their own domain but it was woven together to ensure maximum effect. I have finally witnessed "patient centered" care in its superior form - I return to the States with the knowledge that my 91 year old mum with severe stroke, couldn't be better cared for.

Thank you for all that you do. We are blessed to have the NHS.

Response from Charing Cross Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to read your feedback about 9th floor South Stroke ward at Charing Cross hospital.

Your comments have been passed to senior managers and the Trust appreciates taking the time to post your comments on NHS Choices.

We wish you a safe journey home and wish your mother well with on-going treatment she's receiving at Charing Cross hospital.