"Great efficiency, kindness and consideration"

About: The Lanarkshire Beatson

Nearing 80 years of age it was discovered I had Prostrate Cancer. It was determined that I required 37 treatments of Radio Therapy. The treatment started in November 2015 in the new Lanarkshire Beatson and finished in January 2016.

I couldn't have been in better care. The receptionist, nurses and other staff not only carried out their duties with great efficiency but with kindness, consideration and understanding of the patient's physical and mental stress.

I would like to thank all the staff who made a distressing situation tolerable by their professional and understanding approach to my problem and its treatment.

The heating in the waiting area could be improved.

Dear Parahandy,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the Lanarkshire Beatson. It is fantastic to read how much of a positive impact every member of staff had on the time you spent in the unit. It is amazing the difference that this can make, even in the most distressing of situations. I will however pass on your comment about the heating in the waiting room so hopefully this could be improved.

I am glad to hear that you have finished your course of radiotherapy, and hope that you are now on your way back to full health. Thank you again for getting in touch.

With best wishes,

• Parahandy thinks this response is helpful