"Lack Of Consideration"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

Visited the Opthamology dept with my elderly father. Nursing staff where unfriendly, abrupt and inconsiderate to peoples needs. Three people in one room with just a paper curtain between them having an eye test at the same time?! Not good for the elderly and hard of hearing no dignity there, especially with a nurse that stood there looking boared and dissinterested. Felt really sorry for the elderly gentleman behind the curtain to our left trying to ask questions as to why he needed to go for a scan only to be ignored and rushed out to sit in the waiting room. Thank goodness I could be there for my dad. Luckily the Doctor we saw was much more professional and considerate to the needs of an elderly gentleman. Would have marked 5 stars for the Doctor on dignity and respect.

Also was shocked at how dirty the waiting area was dont think the housekeeping staff have been under the chairs for some time.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

I was disappointed to hear that we had not lived up to our usually high standards during your recent visit to Clinic 8. I would be grateful if you could get in touch to let me know the date/time of your visit so that I can address it with the staff on duty (my e-mail address is given at the end of this reply). I am however pleased to hear that you had a much better experience with the doctor you saw.

With respect to your comments about cleanliness I am disappointed to hear that you felt the clinic waiting room was dirty. In the wake of the norovirus outbreak some of our housekeeping service was diverted to deep cleaning the affected wards. I have passed your comments to the housekeeping team. Additionally, now that we are over the norovirus outbreak our usual level of housekeeping has resumed.

Thank you for taking the time to bring these points to my attention.

Daniel Overton.

Deputy Charge Nurse - Ophthalmology Outpatients (Clinic 8).

daniel.overton@ulh.nhs.uk