"My Experiences"

About: Salford Royal

I was scheduled for Bariatric Surgery at Salford Royal, and arrived in the early hours of the morning to be admitted. Unfortunately, for me the surgery was cancelled at the last minute due to a doctor getting my blood test results mixed up. This led to a complaint I made with the hospital in which I got an apology and a bouquet of flowers. I was left feeling so negative after my experiences I had no other option other than to seek the surgery privately, which I did. Twelve months on my life has changed for the better, but with no thanks to the poor experiences at Salford Royal.

Response from Salford Royal

Thank you for taking the time to highlight the areas of concern that you have experienced - it is difficult to respond in full to your concerns without more detail but please be assured that the issues you have detailed have been taken seriously.

It would be very helpful if you could contact us, to allow us to look into the situation, so that we learn from it and ensure a similar situation does not occur again.

You can contact us via our PALS service on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.