"Cataract Operation"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

I attended, as a carer, with my elderly friend for the initial referral consultation, the pre-operative appointment, the cataract operation and post operative appointment. Apart from the fact that the department is very busy, with the clinics running late the medical staff provided an exceptional caring service. Information was readily provided at every meeting by kind and considerate staff with the operation/post op by the consultant being totally successful.

Thank you for treating my 91 year old friend with dignity and kindness.

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences on the patient opinion website. As you have described the department is busy, I am sorry however that your friend’s appointment was delayed. Despite this it is good to hear that your friend found the staff to be caring and were able to provide the right level of information.

Thank you once more for taking the time to tell us your story and I wish your friend a continued and good recovery.