"End of Life Care"

About: Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

My father was admitted acutely unwell from Gorton Parks Nursing home .. With dehydration and severely malnourished.. He had an acute abdomen and was placed on ward 11 for EOLC..

The nurses on ward 11 were absolutely amazing.. Care, Compassion, Communication and dignity were given and helped to reassure my family and I that our father was now receiving proper dignified nursing care.. At last he was pain free and settled for the first time in a long time.

It breaks my heart to think how bad my father was treated at Gorton Parks Nursing Home.. Im so glad that his last days have been made comfortable by a fabulous nursing team..

I work as a associate director of nursing at Salford Royal and congratulate you for the care delivered to my father

A very grateful family

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on the NHS Choices website regarding the care you and your father experienced, sadly at the end of his life, on Ward 11, at the Manchester Royal Infirmary. It is always good to receive such positive feedback which reflects the dedication of staff who deliver compassionate and dignified care for patients at the end of their lives.

We can assure you that your feedback has been shared with the Ward Manager and Matron on Ward 11 and the Manager of the Palliative Care Team so that your feedback can also be shared with the wider team