"genetic testing for cancer"

About: St Mary's Hospital (Manchester)

I wanted to be tested for BRAC 1 and 2, also my gp thought I should be checked as had breast cancer in early age. They looked at my family pfofile, took blood and after 6 months they denied to do test for me. After 2 years I lost more of my family members then they decided to do it, they didn't take new blood sample. I got the result as negative but I don't know if I should trust this result? They should have taken fresh blood sample and test it. Disappointed basically.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Thank you for your feedback and sincere apologies for the length of time it has taken to respond. We are very sorry to receive your comments and concerns via the NHS Choices / Patient Opinion website about your experience within the Manchester Centre for Genomic Medicine. It is very difficult to respond to the specific concerns you have raised without being able to investigate this in more detail. We take all issues surrounding patient care very seriously and would very much like to hear from you directly about this. If you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0161 276 8686 or by e-mailing pals@cmft.nhs.uk we will be happy to discuss this with you.

The Patient Experience Team