"knee op patient"

About: Solihull Hospital

My mother had a knee op at solihull on the 18 dec 2015 operation, didnt go well as she developed infection and stayed for 9 days in hospital. didnt have seperate toilets for men or women nor toilet paper, brought from home. staff never told us anything like we were not there. staff lost our mustard oil used for massage my mother knee, only doctor was helpfull. Staff were chatting all the time noone helped my mother to the toilets cleaned her own blood from floor, nurses didnt want to know. Nurses touch knee without any consideration of the pain.

Unfortunately bad experience

Dear Kasam

Thank you for your comments regarding your mother's recent stay for knee surgery at Solihull Hospital.

I am very sorry to learn that this was not a good experience, and that you had ongoing concerns whilst your mother was an inpatient and I would very much like to look into the experience you have described. In order to do this, I would need to obtain further information. Can I please ask you to contact me directly at your convenience? I can be contacted on 0121 424 0808 or by email: marie.helebert@nhs.net.

I look forward to hearing from you and would like to assure you that our Patient Services team are here to listen to your concerns and ensure they are highlighted to the appropriate senior staff for proper investigation.

I trust this is acceptable and thank you for highlighting your mother's poor experience to us. Every aspect of a patient's experience is important to us; it gives us the opportunity to appropriately investigate, establish what and where things have gone wrong, apologise for any poor experience, and gain learning to implement changes and improvements to ensure that other patients do not have a similar experience.

My best wishes to your mother for her continued recovery.

Yours sincerely