"1 month for test result and 3 months to follow..."

About: St Mary's Hospital (Manchester)

Doctor dictated results letter 1 month after my "recent" test. It is clinically important to say when a test occurred.

The weasel word "recent" was possibly used to cover up the delay.

I suffered fairly significantly as a consequence of the delay with my GP starting my treatment so late.

At about the same time, they wrote to invite me to the promised follow up clinic.

I called them to query and they agreed it was completely the wrong clinical area. They wrote immediate to cancel it and issue an invitation to the correct clinical area but this will now be 3 months later than my first visit.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

We are very sorry to receive your comments and concerns via the NHS Choices / Patient Opinion website about your experiences within Saint Mary’s Outpatient department.

It is very difficult to respond to the specific concerns you have raised without being able to investigate in detail. We take all issues surrounding patient care very seriously and would very much like to hear from you directly about this. If you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0161 276 8686 or by e-mailing pals@cmft.nhs.uk they will be able to discuss this with you.