"Nurse was extremeley rude and rushed us out"

We went in for our daughter aged 3 today to the Teddington walk-in centre.

As soon as we were called in the nurse was very impolite (albite trying to show they're polite) and was rushing us. They said they didn't have any GPs on site so we wont be able to treat the child. Also, as I started telling them what actually the issue is, they tapped my shoulder in a very patronising way and said, "Darling, I wont be able to help because there are no doctors here". Why is this a walk-in center if there are any doctors on site? What is the point of patients queuing up to be told there aren't any GPs available?

They also asked us why we came all the way to Teddington as we could've gone to the Walk-in center in West Mid. They then proceeded to tell us that the West MId hospital has a walk-in center. Now, when we put our postcode on the NHS website to check which is the nearest Walk-in center, it says teddington. There is no mention of a West Middlesex Hospital Walk-in center anywhere?

We don't think we'd be coming back there again.

Response from Teddington Memorial Hospital Hrch

Thank you for taking the trouble to bring this matter to our attention. I was sorry to read of your recent experience and for the obvious upset this has caused you. I hope your daughter is feeling better. The Walk in Centre is a nurse led service, although there are GPs available in the evenings. West Middlesex hospital have an Urgent Care Centre where there are GPs available 24 hours a day.

We would like the opportunity to look into this further so I would ask that you please contact our Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) on freephone 0800 953 0363, or via email at pals.hrch@nhs.net.