"Friendly, Professional, timely service throughout"

About: Bradford Royal Infirmary

After careful consideration myself & my husband needed assistance at home, my husband had a fall earlier in the evening & could not weightbear on his leg, he could neither stand walk or hop to get out into a taxi to attend A&E, we therefore rang for an ambulance.

The ambulance arrived within 15 minutes which I thought was fantastic. The paramedics were very helpful, calming & friendly & explained things very well.

I booked my husband into reception where I was greeted by the reception staff (it was approx. 3.30am), the reception staff were efficient, pleasant & professional also.

We waiting approx. 30 minutes for an xray of my husbands leg then a further 45 minutes or so to be seen by a doctor. The porter staff were great too, brought me a cup of coffee whilst we waited, amazing service, going that extra mile. (My husband did not get offered a drink as he was to be nil by mouth until the x ray had been reviewed) The porter also seemed aware of this.

The doctor we saw again very informative, explaining what the injury was, the expected healing time & how to look after it at home, my husband was provided with crutches to get around with.

No broken bones luckily!

On behalf of my husband & I, we would like to say a massive Thank you to all involved in the journey from home with the paramedics, through to being discharged again.

So impressed, top quality service & staff, well done, you really do make a difference.

Response from Bradford Royal Infirmary

The Accident and Emergency Department is a very busy area and the team do work very hard to provide a friendly, professional and timely service. It is wonderful to have such positive feedback and I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment. I will make sure that your comments are shared with the team.