"Very frustrated with parking"

About: Royal Surrey County Hospital

How can you possibly expect people to get to their appointments on time if they can't park? After 2 days with a variety of appointments but extreme difficulty in parking, it would not surprise me if most people were late for their appointments with knock-on effects for later appointments.

How can your organisation work effectively if appointments aren't on time?

Yesterday I was trapped in queues in all the car parks fo 45 mins and ended up parking at Tescos in an attempt to get to my first appointment on time. I was late and arrived in a very stressed state ( not ideal for a cancer sufferer). Today parking was available but 2 machines were out of order and then the machine we found took our money but didn't give our a ticket! plus.... the price has increased to £3.50...that's more than a 15% increase!

More profits for the contractor, no doubt, with no benefit for the customer.

Time you sorted this out.

A Cancer Patient

Response from Royal Surrey County Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are aware that car parking can be an issue on the site and have been working very hard behind the scenes to improve this. One of the main challenges we face is the hospital’s proximity to the A3. We have been working closely with Guildford Borough Council, Surrey County Council and Highways England to find a permanent solution and are awaiting the decision of a pre-planning application for an 800 space multi-storey car park. Car parking charges are an unfortunate necessity and any revenue goes towards managing, maintaining and developing the facilities. We apologise that your difficulty to find a bay resulted in your late arrival for an appointment. I have passed your comments onto the relevant department and also made them aware of the issue you experienced with the machines.