"Excellent care."

About: Cumberland Infirmary

Was brought to A&E early on Thursday morning regarding a rib injury, severe pain and difficulty breathing. Firstly, the paramedics arrived within 10 minutes of first contact and they were excellent in ensuring I was comfortable, pain free, treat with dignity and communication with the patient (me) was very clear and concise even though they were nearly at the end of their shift!. 5 stars to them for sure.

Arrived at A&E and straight to cubicle where I didn't wait very long at all. Nurse came to do some obs, was given pain relief and after a short while I was sent to X-ray department. No waiting around, within 5 minutes I was having the X-ray.

Around 20 minutes later, a nurse came and took me back to cubicle where they explained everything to me regarding the injury and how long to heal, proper pain management etc. Communication was excellent and they put me totally at ease. Very impressed with waiting times and with everyone who dealt with me that morning. Excellent treatment.

Response from Cumberland Infirmary

It is wonderful to hear such a positive experience within our A&E department. The staff are under a lot of pressure as you are aware from the media and to hear they provided such excellent care is tremendous. I shall pass your comments to the Matron for A&E who will share them with the staff.

many thanks for taking the time to share your experience and I hope you are recovering well

Best wishes

North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust.