"The wonderful staff at Wishaw General Hospital Maternity Unit"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Maternity care

In November last year, I lost my little child at 16 weeks and was admitted to Wishaw General Maternity Unit in the early hours of the morning. I was completely lost and understandably in a great deal of distress.

Each of the nurses that I encountered were kind, thoughtful and there to listen. I was in hospital for 3 days and I could not have made it through those days without them. I was given cuddles and supported when it came to make arrangements for the funeral.

I would love to take this opportunity to thank the nurses and especially Lynn who helped make our grief that little bit less awful.

Response from Lyn Clyde, Clinical Services Manager, Women's Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear NJPAT

I am so sorry to hear about the sad loss of your baby. The loss of a baby is very difficult.

I would like to thank you so much for your kind comments on the support you received from the maternity staff during your 3 day stay in the unit.

Thank you for mentioning Lynn and please be assured I will pass on your comments to her.

I hope you are well and are continuing to receive support.

Kind Regards

Lyn

• NJPAT thinks this response is helpful