"Well done to all the teams involved"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Patient transport service (PTS)

After a short spell in Southmead Hospital, Bristol, I had to make two further visits to Outpatients. On both occasions I was obliged to book hospital transport, both ways.

The experience was better than I could have ever imagined. The teams on each occasion were absolutely lovely - professional, caring, everything one could ask, and more - so friendly. I particularly mention Mark and Tim, Jan (what a lady! ) and her partner, Philip and Geoff and Ian and Angie.  I live quite a distance from the hospital, so the journeys were not exactly short!

I was a little unsure what the experience would be like, but would not hesitate to recommend the service to absolutely everyone. The collection for the return journey was amazingly prompt on each occasion. Well done to all the teams involved, and thank you all so much.

Response from Sara Coburn, Patient Engagement Manager, Governance, South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust

Hi Knee case,

Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us.

It's always so rewarding to hear about how our staff are providing great care and support to patients, such as yourself.

We would like to share your story with the staff that were involved in your care, however to do so we will need some specific information. If you are happy to do so, please may I ask you to contact us on either plaudits@swast.nhs.uk or 01392 453 831 and a member of the Patient Engagement Team will be happy to help you further.

Thank you, again, for taking the time to provide us with feedback.