"Care of my godmother diagnosed with a brain tumour"

About: Bradford Royal Infirmary / General surgery

In April my god mother was diagnosed with a brain tumour.

In early May, she was admitted to Leeds General Infirmary under the care of Mr Kumar for surgery. Sadly complications arose which meant that she was to remain in hospital care until early July. During this time Mr Kumar arranged for her to be transferred to Bradford Royal Infirmary to make visiting easier on myself and other relatives. It became evident that my god mother was terminally ill, however without a diagnosis we were unable to move forward.

Mr Kumar kept in constant contact, and in early July took her back to Leeds General Infirmary to carry out a further biopsy. Sadly the result was as expected, however without Mr Kumars help my godmother would have died in hospital without a diagnosis. His persistence meant that we could make the most of the time that my godmother had left, which she spent out of hospital. For this, we are all truly grateful.

Response from Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, please accept my most sincere condolences. Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience.