"No one rings back"

About: Castle Hill Hospital / Audiology

I am a person that has to wear 2 hearing aids, normally when I need spare sleeves or batteries, I drive up pick up the red phone and request what I require, never had a problem with this service until the last couple of times, I have been informed that I must ring first or email the department. Every time you ring it is answerphone as no one mans this area, the main problem is no one rings you back, so the only way to get spares is to turn up get equipment and be told off for not ringing first.

Response from Castle Hill Hospital

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your recent experience trying to contact the Audiology Department.

We will ensure your comments are shared with the Audiology team.

In order to address the concerns you have raised, we would like to invite you to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on (01482) 623065 or email pals@hey.nhs.uk.

They will be able to take further details and advise accordingly.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Kind regards,

Patient Experience Department

Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

• Benjam1n thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Benjam1n (the patient)

I feel I should respond in the positive sense, I did get a phone call back within 48 hours and my equipment was sent direct to me at my home within 72 hours. I cannot complain on that front.