"Dreadful experience"

About: North East London Treatment Centre Care UK

I had a bunionectomy on 17/12/15 and after being left for over an hour in Reception on arrival, was told the surgeon wanted me rushed into surgery.

After waking up, no-one came to check on me and I was given no help in getting dressed, having to risk falling by leaning over the bed bars. I was given no information about managing my recovery and when I said I was in a lot of pain, the RMO told me I "must have a low pain threshold". When I asked for information from the consultant, I was told he would only speak to me if I was re-referred. Nurses were surprised both that no follow up appointment had been made and that the discharge notes didn't contain expected information. I've been left to find out for myself and feel my recovery has been placed at risk. Very, very disappointed. I only used Care UK because they could do the procedure more quickly than the NHS. In future, I'll wait.

Response from North East London Treatment Centre Care UK

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and I am very sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced.

I would like to investigate the points you have raised and would ask you to contact me at the North East London NHS Treatment Centre on 0333 200 4069 so I can look into this matter further for you.