"Excellent care on F63"

About: Sunderland Royal Hospital

My son was admitted to F63 for 5 days in December. From the moment we arrived the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming putting us at ease.

The ward was very clean and comfortable

As he was in pain and had been for some time, their initial aim was to control it and they continued to assess his pain throughout to keep him as comfortable as possible.

The staff had a holistic approach to his care and not only provided excellent care to my son but also demonstrated a genuine concern for my welfare.

The medical staff had a lovely friendly manner and took time to find out my sons interests to be able to connect with him. They allowed him time to mentally prepare himself for proceedures and kept me fully informed.

Every member of the team, Doctors, nurses, physio, ward clerk and cleaner built up a good rapport with us and made as stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible in the circumstances. On discharge we were reassured by the fact we could phone the ward if we had any concerns or needed any further advice.

Many thanks to you all

Response from Sunderland Royal Hospital

Thank you on behalf of our staff for your very positive comments about the care that your son received during his admission in December. We shall ensure that these comments are passed onto the staff in F63 who will be delighted to know their efforts have meant so much to you.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience and we hope your son has recovered well following his discharge.