"Halifax LDRP"

About: Calderdale Royal Hospital

I've just got home after having our beautiful 2nd baby. Our first was born in Manchester, at a hospital I myself work at and am familiar with and so I was extremely nervous at being booked at Halifax this time round in unfamiliar surroundings etc. I really needn't have worried! I have received undivided attention from every staff member, from domestic to consultant, in the maternity assessment centre, LDRP and on the ward.

The birth wasn't the most straight forward and yet the midwives and team involved did their utmost to make me comfortable, to listen to my and my husband's questions, to advise and most of all make us feel safe. We feel incredibly lucky. Thank you to all the staff concerned, many went the extra mile and you are a credit to the team. I'll be singing your praises for a long time to come!

Response from Adele Muir, Assistant Manager of Patient Experience, Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your baby. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on our services. I am pleased to learn of your positive experience and will ensure your comments are shared with the staff who cared for you.

On behalf of the Patient Advice and Complaints Service