"The communication between different ..."

About: Southampton General Hospital

The communication between different departments, seeing as i see consultants in different specialties.

The consultant's secretaries i have spoken to are not very helpful and some are quite rude.

The staff in a+e need to take patients seriously, and they all need to communicate better with eachother.

The waiting times in the orthopaedic outpatients at RSH are ridiculous. I usually wait for about 2-3 hours after the initial time on my appointment letter.

I was sent for a CT scan, and when i read the report, it had all of my details on it, but the clinical picture and symptoms were not mine at all, and the report was not mine. I am still waiting for somebody to tell me the results from my report.

I have presented in a+e with shortness of breath, been shoved into a side room, and ignored, all when i have been struggling to breathe, and becasue i was so short of breath, i couldnt get up and open the door to tell somebody. Not great really. Care received in a London hospital i have attended was a lot better than SGH unfortunately

Response from Southampton General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments. We have very high standards for patient care including communication with patients and between departments, and reducing waiting times, so we would really like to have the opportunity to talk to you and investigate your specific concerns. Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on pals@suht.swest.nhs.uk or 023 8079 8498.