"From start to finish I have to applaud these people"

About: General practices in Lanarkshire Monklands District General Hospital / Ear, Nose & Throat

Went for my Diabetic check up, and told the practice nurse at Biggar health centre that I could not find part of my hearing aid and was concerned that it may still be in my ear as I had pain in my ear, the nurse proceeded to wash out my ear hoping to dislodge it, not a chance, then doctor Milne checked it and suggested I go to Monklands Hospital between the hours of 3-3. 30 I arrived and went straight to ward 9 sat for about 3 minutes the young doctor arrived took me through to the treatment room and took out the hearing aid object all done in about 2 minutes, from start to finish I have to applaud these people, pure dead brilliant excellent service, attitude, and commitment, very, very well done, and thank you.

Response from Karen Black, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical Care, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear 1 Sherlock

Thank you so much for your post relating to the care in Ward 9 treatment room. Sorry to hear of your discomfort in your ear. The nursing and medical staff will be delighted you were treated efficiently and effectively within the ENT clinic within Ward 9, with a positive outcome and freed you of your discomfort within your ear. I will pass on your comments to the nursing and medical staff in this area.

• 1 SHERLOCK thinks this response is helpful

Response from Ruth Thompson, Chief of Nursing Services, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Thank you for posting your very kind comments on the service you received at the ENT service at Monklands Hospital. It will be my pleasure to give the team your feedback and I'm sure they will be delighted with such positive comments.

Your experience demonstrates how important person-centred care and team-working is to ensure a positive expeirence for a patient.

Kindest regards

• 1 SHERLOCK thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by 1 SHERLOCK (the patient)

I fully appreciate the response from Monklands hospital staff, and glad they were there when needed, does Biggar medical center receive these comments, as they were the people who set this in motion.

Response from Rick Edwards, Patient Information & Experience Manager, Patient Affairs, NHS Lanarkshire

I will make sure that your kind words are passed to the staff at Biggar Health Centre; particularly the practice nurse and Dr Milne.