"Torn ankle ligament"

About: Caterham Dene Hospital / Minor injuries unit

If it is ever a pleasure to be treated in a hospital, this was such an occasion. The staff couldn't do enough for me.

After a simple twisted ankle I was referred here from Purley Hospital as it has x-ray facilities. The staff were extremely helpful keeping me informed throughout as to how long it would take to be seen. I sat in a comfortable waiting room until I was seen by the nurse. After an initial assesment and dressing I was x-rayed and then had the ankle dressed. I had a short wait for the result of the x-ray. I was diagnosed as a torn ligament rather than a fractured ankle but the nurse spotted some previous bone trauma from an old Rugby injury. Rather than sending me on my way, the nurse stayed behind after their shift and sent my x-rays to a consultant at East Surrey. I went home and within an hour the consutant had looked at my scans and replied. The nurse then phoned me to reassure me of the results. This was at 8 o'clock on a saturday night after the nurses shift. I was then called on the sunday morning to see how I was. This is the NHS working at it's best and I would heartily recommend a visit. (If you're already injured...don't go out of your way to injure yourself)

Response from First Community Health & Care CIC

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your lovely comments placed on NHS Choices about the Minor Injury Unit at Caterham Dene. First Community is justly proud of it's staff and we know that they endeavour to provide a first class service, it is therefore gratifying to have this confirmed by your experience of staff going that 'extra mile'.

I will ensure your comments are passed to the clinical lead for the unit and ask her to share them with her staff.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your comments and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Beverley Sharp
Clinical Governance Manager

Response from Caterham Dene Hospital

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your lovely comments about the Minor Injury Unit at Caterham Dene.

First Community is justly proud of it's staff and we know they endeavour to provide a first class service.

it is therfore gratifying to have this confirmed by your experience of staff going that 'extra mile'.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your comments and I wish you aspeedy recovery.

Beverley Sharp