"Concerned about my husband's care"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Accident & Emergency

My husband has been to RAH 5 times in past 4 month for severe vomiting and stomach pain. He was left tonight for over 3 hrs lying on the floor in agony, before being put on a bed still no pain relief. After 6 hrs and another anti-sickness jab being sent home, still vomiting. He has an ulcer and this keeps happening.

4 weeks ago we were there and a doctor put a canula in his arm to give him fluids, but 6 hours later was discharged without even getting any fluids. I know the NHS are under staffed but I feel he has been treated shockingly.

Response from Ian Reeves, Consultant Physician, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear Murrin

I'm sorry to read about your experience of care - which sounds like it is in A&E at one of our hospitals.

It's difficult for me to understand or easily explain how the care has fallen to such a low level, and that you have been dissatisfied. Hopefully posting on Patient Opinion can help.

If you would like to contact us to provide specific and individual response, please email, lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk, with some more details, so that we can look into this for you.

If you'd rather not do this, and I can understand why you could think this way, given that you may need to return for more care, we can highlight this to the relevant department anyway.

Thank you for posting on Patient Opinion in this way.