"Great experience!"

About: East Surrey Hospital

I visited A & E today with my 10 year old son who had injured his wrist. During our visit we were dealt with by 5 members of staff including receptionists, triage, nurse, doctor and x-ray staff. I have to say that all members of staff were pleasant, efficient and helpful. The children's department in A & E was great, clean, tidy and nicely kitted out with T.V. and books/toys for the children. We arrived late morning and were completely done within an hour and a half, including waiting for x-rays.

I know hospitals get bad press sometimes but I feel that we could not have had a better service today and am very grateful to all the lovely staff who dealt with us. You all do a great job in what must sometimes be very difficult circumstances. Thank you.

Response from Cathy White, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Experience Team, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Isobel,

It is always good to hear that our staff are considered to be pleasant, efficient and helpful, across all the varied roles that they have. Our children's emergency department was re-furbished a little over two years ago and it has made a big difference to the experience both children and parents have of visiting hospital.

I hope you son is recovering from his injury and I will make sure your feedback is passed to the staff in both departments.

With best wishes,