"Call to NHS 24 111"

About: NHS 24 / NHS 24 (111 service)

(as the patient),

I phoned 111 service as I was in severe pain and required urgent dental treatment.

The person I spoke to asked me what pain killers I had taken and insisted that I go to A&E and have a blood test done.

The blood test indicated problems with my liver as I had unintentionally overdosed on paracetamol. I was admitted to Hospital and received treatment over 4 days.

I would like to say a big thank you to NHS 24 and in particular the individual who I spoke to that morning as I would have almost certainly now have permanent liver damage if it was not for there professional and caring help.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››

Responses

Response from Dawn Orr, Nurse Consultant, Telehealth and Telecare, NHS 24

Dear rwhipps,

Thank you for your story via Patient Opinion. I am sure this would have been a frightening experience for you. I am very pleased that you are making progress and I hope that this continues.

Your positive comments and heartfelt praise for the staff members who provided care to you were heartening to read. Here at NHS 24 we always strive to provide patients and callers to our service with a positive experience.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and I do hope that you are back to full health soon.

Should you wish to share any further information with NHS 24, I would be pleased to hear from you. Some additional detail would enable me to identify the staff members involved in your care and to share your positive comments directly with them. I can be contacted on 0141 337 4543 or by email at patientaffairs@nhs24.scot.nhs.uk

With kind regards

Dawn

Dawn Orr

NHS 24 Nurse Consultant, Telehealth and Telecare

  • rwhipps thinks this response is helpful
    {{helpful-1}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think so too