"Making the most of Motherhood course"

About: Springfield University Hospital

After the birth of my second child I was feeling quite low in my mood, isolated and confused about day to day life. It was suggested I attend Making the most of Motherhood course. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. It was a valuable course where I met other mothers in similar situations. I learnt how to manage my mood and be a bit more optimistic. It put everything into perspective and I feel has given me a better relationship with my children and partner.

The course leaders/therapists were good as were the small size of the groups and the fact that partners were included in groups.
It would be better if there were longer gaps between partner groups.

Response from Jane Healey, Patient Experience Lead, Governance, South West London and St George's Mental Health Trust

Dear Mama2,

my name is Jane and I am one of the Patient Experience Leads for the Trust. Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences of services and I am pleased to learn that you have found the 'Making the Most of Motherhood' Course to be helpful.

I will ensure your feedback is passed on to the service as it always pleasing to hear the views and thoughts of our clients on the service we provide.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and I would like to wish you well on your continuing journey to recovery.

Jane

Response from Springfield University Hospital

Dear Mama2, my name is Jane and I am one of the Patient Experience Leads for the Trust.

Jane