"Surgery for femur break"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

I cannot speak highly enough of the treatment I received from the NNUH during my recent stay of ten days.

From going in on a Sunday afternoon, as an emergency, in the ambulance to being discharged 10 days later I couldn't have received better treatment if I had paid for it.

The nursing staff, doctors, surgeons and consultants couldn't have been kinder.

After arriving in A&E I was taken to the Easton Ward, then after surgery spent the majority of my stay on the Brundall Ward and then finally one night on the Mattishall Ward.

My only concern was that I would have liked to have seen a Physiotherapist before discharge, and requested this, but was told the person I had seen the previous day was satisfied with my progress and they didn't feel it was necessary to see me again.

This service, in my opinion, was the weakest link in my treatment.

I would also like to add that the hospital catering services do an excellent job, the food is served hot, nutritious and delicious.

Thank you for telling us about your surgery and 10-day stay in hospital. We will pass on your comments to the team, particularly about the request to see the physiotherapist again. We are pleased that overall you have rated us so highly.