"Thank you for all you have done"

About: Southend Hospital / Accident and emergency Southend Hospital / Respiratory medicine

My wife was taken into A & E suffering, as it turned out with pneumonia. Because she already has breathing problems (COPD) she was very ill, and ended up in Rochford wards ARCU. I truly believe, but for the dedicated care she received in Southend hospital, she would not have survived. I just can not praise the staff highly enough. I think of myself as a typical old fashioned "stiff upper lip" type, but the care and consideration shown to my wife, sometimes brought me close to tears. Please accept my sincere thanks for all you have done.

Response from Louise McIver, Patient Involvement Coordinator, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your post relating to your wife's treatment in A&E and on Rochford ward. It is excellent to hear such positive feedback and I ensure you this has been passed to management to pass onto all staff.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us and wish you well for the future.